Michael King @ipullrank
python – udacity.com
- Scraper for Chrome
- Pagespeed plugin
- Yahoo Clues
- Keyword Eye
- Adwords API Excel plugin seogadget
- GoFish at ipullrank.com
- SEOGadget Google Docs Tool
- Facebook Recommendation Demo (a widget for your site, based on content that is already popular on a site)
- SEOTools by Niels Booma
- Link Research Tools
- Link Detective
- Searchmetrics Essentials
- Keyword level demographics
- Track Social Networks Users are logged into
- Google Analytics Debugger
- Facebook Ad Creator
- Facebook Insights
- Doubleclick Ad Planner
Link Building Guides
- SimplyMeasured (download twitter followers)
- GetStat.com (and stat codex, track a lot of different words for many different brands)
Merry Morud from aimclear (@merrymorud)
What are my goals?
What are my KPIs?
How big is my circle? Degrees of separation?
Where can we associate conversations?
To what extent was my content exposed?
What types of content received the most exposure?
How did users engage?
What are the demographics?
Find out what people hate. Lifetime negative feedback.
Manage multiple accounts
Button & URL analytics
Assign welcome messages
Janrain – social and opengraph site tool
Google Social Interaction Analytics
Social Monitoring Tools
Page Management Tools (Tab/Contest):
Next Up: Rhea Drysdale (@rhea)
Finding the right tool for you.
Epic Fail Tool Case Study
Actual Cost of Tool (the “Switch Cost”):
- New CMS
- Internal time
- agency time
- loss of sales due to drop in organic traffic
- agency seo audit and consulting
- travel down to see the client
- internal team morale and productivity
- missed opportunities
Tool Selection Criteria
- Is the tool accessible by windows and mac users?
- Is there a cost for additional users or features?
- are there limits to data usage?
- is the tool free?
- Is the tool easy to use?
- does the tool have a robust help section?
4. Privacy & Intellectual Property
- Does the tool protect your personal data?
- Does the tool protect data submitted through the tool?
5. Resource Management
6. Added Value
- Can the tool be easily replicated?
The Business Case
Tool Value – (true cost + risks)